first week of december - ignoring the buying mentality

Promising review: "I love these soaps! I bought several different wrapping choices and cannot wait to add them to Christmas presents! Almost too cute to unwrap!" —CSMPGet it from Anthropologie for $10 (available in eight scents) or a similar one from Amazon for $7.50+ (available in 39 scents).

well, it's somehow already december 3rd and the pre-black friday, black friday, small biz saturday, cyber monday, and giving tuesday are wrapping up and i feel like i can finally take a breathe. i love the sales, i love supporting small businesses, and i LOVE shopping for the ones i love.

i remember last year feeling beyond exhausted and just sick of seeing anything related to buying or deals or sales or 'last chances to buy!' and i feel the same way this year. i told caleb on sunday night that i wanted to be kept accountable to not. buy. anything. else. this. week. i took one look at my promotional tab in my gmail account and promptly selected all and archived all the emails immediately.

all of my christmas shopping was pretty much done by sunday. this is what i'm giving:
august: lily and river slide (he already has the triangle climber), dog book -- his current obsession are dogs
caleb: clothes from the stockist (per his request)
my MIL: patagonia sweater
my BIL: drill bits (requested)
my mom: kendra scott earrings
my dad: salamon running tshirt 

and that's it! all the shopping was done before i realized i had even really started!

on last thing: we really tried to hone in on toys for august. thankfully our family asks for a list of things, and we kept that list to four categories: read, want, play, wear


photo above from pinterest via anthropologie


Comments

Popular Posts