motherhood beauty routine

www.casabeta.com.br curso online de composições fotográficas, como ter um feed bonito no instagram, instagram para negócios, fotografia com celular, instagram para negócios
this spring i turned 30. my whole life i've been pretty good about washing my face and brushing my teeth before bed. i was never one to leave make up on and fall asleep without washing it off.

the climate in utah is very dry. when i moved here, i was 27 and knew i should take care of my skin and give it hydration. now that i'm 30 and a mom, i'm finally getting around to having a bedtime routine that is relatively free of toxins and i'm starting to see why i should have done this years ago. oops.

nevertheless, here is what i'm up to before falling asleep each night:
1. cuticle syrum: olive & june is the latest beauty craze for nails, and i'm here for it. their cuticle serum is not greasy, easy to apply, and quite frankly adorable looking. i am a big fan of their polish too. i actually ended up buying their entire nail kit which i love.

2. foot cream: my feet get soooo dry in the summer. the dry desert air and wearing sandals everywhere does not help. i apply this foot cream each night (no socks necessary!) and i'm seeing a difference with less skin peeling off of my heel (that's gross. but it's the truth).

3. hand lotion: i picked this up from whole foods, and apparently they sell this at target too. i love this scent. also not greasy.

4. cleansing oil: this company was recommended by a friend of mine. i was skeptical about washing my face with oil of all things... but i'm obsessed with this. it's like a mini nighttime spa session. you rub the oil all over your face and then take a hot towel to do a mini facial steam. it's wonderful and i can literally feel dirt/grime coming off of my face. nasty, but also weirdly satisfying? this company also has deodorant which i will be trying as well.

5. aquaphor substitute: caleb gifted this to me for christmas. i use this on my lips and around my eyes. you literally EAT the products you put on your lips, so i really wanted to transition to something toxin-free and full of natural ingredients. this stuff is the real deal and i now put it on august's bum to fight diaper rash (he gets a designated jar - no mixing lips and bum  products ;).

it's surprised me how having a bedtime routine has helped me wind down from the day. i actually look forward to going through each product before climbing into bed and i now lug it all with me when i travel.




top photo: credit  

Comments

Popular Posts